Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hello!

Hello out there interneters!

Welcome to Bobby Beats blog, the name is Bob if you couldn't already figure that out.  The Beats parts comes from the songs that I will put up.  Mostly five a week, one for each business day, and then I will write some stuff about them.  Such as my thoughts, some sort of review, or just how much I like it.

The origin of this blog lies in the hearts of a thousand children and in the fact that I also need to do some of it for a class here at WCU.

Without further ado, lets put up the first song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFg6OdORJcQ

This is a song called Passin' Me By by none other than The Pharcyde.  A hip hop group from Cali, big in the 90's.  Not as well known as they know as they should because this song is featured in such hits as Aggressive Inline the game and the intro to Big Daddy with Adam Sandler.  They also have another one of their hits, from the same album Bizarre Ride II, featured in Half Baked when Sir Smoke-A-Lot is on screen.

Anyways, this song has an amazing hook which is present throughout the whole song and instantly draws me in every time I hear it.  Then each one the members start out their own verse about a schoolboy crush they had and were forced to let her go.  Each emcee brings their own flavor to the song which helps to make it amazing.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment